The church rests on raised ground slightly above the rest of this big village, but well below the ramparts of Hambledon Hill.
It has a powerful C15 greensand tower, but the rest is a Victorian restoration of 1850 and another by T.H.Wyatt of 1878-9. The slightly garish chancel was refitted with marble facing to the walls and gold mosaic on the reredos by Wippell & Co in 1911. The organ in the chancel was built to a specification of Sir Arthur Sullivan (Gilbert & Sullivan) who stayed in the village.
An interesting church well worth a visit.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©