Erected in 1836 to a design by Charles Fowler (this was his only church in Dorset) it replaced an earlier building of 1290. This is a very tall Commissioners' type church, featuring a gallery with a rather splendid organ across the western end of the nave. The area below the gallery has been sensitively enclosed to form a church room. The 1885 open pulpit, constructed of stone and marble, with tester of 1961 above, is interesting. The reredos with a painted Lamb is also of great interest.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©