Shaftesbury - Enmore Green
St. John Evangelist
This little building clings to the northern slope of the ramparts to Shaftesbury. It was built in 1843 to a then fashionable Neo Norman design by G. Alexander. Sir Nikolaus Pevsner records that there is an apsed chancel, transepts and a crossings tower.
The church is locked.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©