After the long journey across the heath, it is by way of a relief to enter this tiny hamlet. The little church appears to rise up behind one and, sitting astride a small hill, it is reached by a steep path. It is almost entirely 13c and the chancel, with its typical triple lancet windows and the nave are as one with no structural division. There is no tower, but there is a bell gallery of 17c. The building did not completely escape the reforming zeal of the Victorians although mercifully it was restricted to the "renewal of seats and fittings" to a design by John Belcher of London. The octagonal font is 14c and the 1842 organ by Gray and Davidson of London was presented by Louisa Countess of Eldon of Encombe House.