The tiny church and hamlet are fitted into a fold in the downland. This is delightfully rural Dorset. The origins of the church are ancient with the first recorded patron, Peter de Mallory, in 1310. However, owing to a fire in 17c it had to be largely rebuilt in 1655.
As usual, the Victorians were busy, providing a new roof, pews and a new window in the medieval chancel. Note, the handsome lectern.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©